Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Cauliflower Crust Pizza


The recipe for the cauliflower crust is from Love and Lemons (Love and Lemons cauliflower pizza crust recipe).  This version of the crust dough caught my eye because it calls for almond flour, which I happened to have some of in the fridge.  I noticed that three eggs gave too much moisture to the dough, so I would begin with two, to play it safe.  Making sure your cauliflower is pretty dry before prepping can help too.

After baking the crusts for about 20 minutes (I made them personal pan sized so they took less time to bake), I topped them with:
  • jarred marinara from Trader Joe's
  • low fat shredded mozzarella
  • sauteed mushrooms
  • shredded chicken
  • diced and sauteed bell pepper, spiked with red pepper flakes
  • minced garlic
Any combinations of toppings would be delish on these.  I was honestly surprised at how tasty and satisfying a cauliflower pizza crust could taste.  And this is coming from someone who has proclaimed hating cauliflower for the better part of her life! 

I would love to try different variations of the crust...
Here are a couple I've had in mind:

1 comment:

  1. This looks ridiculously good! I can't wait to try it.

    xx

    Best,
    Food Nasty

    ReplyDelete

Cooking with Angus All rights reserved