Tuesday, May 8, 2012

It's the Simple Things: Greek Inspired Udon Noodle Salad



This was a light lunch I threw together using left over ingredients from my fridge.  Sometimes I like putting together meals that I don't have to go out and shop ingredients for and to my surprise, they don't turn out half bad.  Most of the carbs from this meal are hidden under the veggies in the udon noodles, not the couscous.  I could have done without the couscous but oh well.  At least it makes the picture prettier and, I saved it from being tossed out in the trash with the other unwanted food scraps that were saved for some reason.  Anyways, tossing the noodles with the vinaigrette or dressing prior to topping the other ingredients is probably a good idea.  I poured my dressing over the top of everything already assembled and I remember thinking the noodles were a little dry while I was eating.  Don't make the same mistake I made!      

lettuce
mint leaves
tomato wedges
cucumber
crumbled feta
Israeli couscous
udon noodles
a light vinaigrette/dressing of your choice (I used a Romano Basil dressing from a bottle)
fresh cracked pepper, of course


1.  Assemble, and eat, eat, eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cooking with Angus All rights reserved